VNA HOMECARE SOCIAL ADULT DAY PROGRAM
At VNA Homecare, we know that being able to socialize with peers and enjoy activities in a safe environment is important for those with long-term care needs. We also understand that caregivers need a respite from the task of caring for their loved one. That’s why we’re pleased to offer adult day services that can help both participants and caregivers.
VNA Homecare’s Adult Social Day Program offers people who have long-term care needs with a safe, protective home-like setting outside of their homes during the day. Consistent therapeutic programs and approaches, designed with the functionally impaired in mind, provide a variety of health, social and supportive services. Activities are structured and include discussion of current events, arts and crafts, exercise, games, meals and snacks. Once enrolled in the VNA Homecare Adult Social Day Program, everyone can rest assured knowing that care is being delivered in a safe, socially stimulating environment.
Who Can Attend?
Our Social adult day program is designed to create a social setting for participants, and a respite for their at-home caregivers. In order to create an environment that’s both safe and fulfilling for all participants, there is a list of criteria that must be met in order to be admitted to the program:
• Must me able to benefit from the program.
• Must be able to remain safe while attending the program.
• Must be able to be redirected.
• Must be able to stand with the assistance of one to transfer to a chair or toilet.
• Must have manageable incontinence.
• Must attend a minimum of one day each week.
• Must be present for lunch each day they attend the program.
How is personal care administered?
Medication are supervised by our trained staff and kept in a locked medicine cabinet. Special diets may be available and dietary needs should be discussed with the administrator or nurse manager. Program aides provide assistance with toileting, walking and eating if necessary, and the entire program site is handicap accessible.
What is typical daily schedule?
• 7:00-8:30am: Arrival/TV News
• 8:30-9:30am: Coffee & Toast/Schedule for the Day/Newspaper Highlights
• 9:30-10:00am: Morning Exercise
• 10:00-10:30am: Juice Break/Conversation
• 10:30-11:20am: Arts & Crafts/Trivia
• 11:20-11:40am: Preparing for Lunch
• 11:40am-1:00pm: Lunch
• 1:00-1:30pm: Music Relaxation/Conversation/Reading
• 1:30-2:30pm: Afternoon Activity 1
• 2:30-3:00pm: Afternoon Snack/Conversation
• 3:00-4:00pm: Afternoon Activity 2 - Games/Word Games
• 4:00-5:00pm: Music/DVD/TV/Conversation
What services are provided?
• Arts & Crafts
• Educational Programs
• Exercise Programs
• Family Counseling & Support
• Intergenerational Programs
• Medication Regimen Reminders
• Nutrtious Lunch & Snacks
• Personal Care Assistance
• Reminiscing Opportunities
• Safe, Secure Envorinment
• Supervision & Monitoring
How will participants benefit?
• Creative expression through music, arts & crafts
• Decreased incidence of incontinence & skin breakdown
• Improved word retrieval & association
• Increased confidence & feelings of self-worth
• Increased mobility
• Opportunities for friendship & companionship
• Reduced incidence of agitation/troublesome behavior
How is program cost determined?
Fees are based on full or half-day rates, and billing is done monthly. Financial assistance is available on a limited basis for qualified applicants through the Onondaga County Department of Aging and Youth.
How can I learn more?
Those interested in the program are offered a free guest day and/or tour of our facility. To schedule a guest day or tour, or to learn more about our program, please call us at 315-424-1003.
all the care you need. where you want it most. at home.